Joseph Pilates Quote of the Week:

Joseph Pilates Quote of the Week:

"The art of contrology proves that the only real guide to your true age lies not in years or how you THINK you feel but as you ACTUALLY are as infallibly indicated by the degree of natural and normal flexibility enjoyed by your spine throughout life." ~Return to Life Through Contrology

Monday, June 25, 2012

Second Generation

I just went to orientation with my daughter for her first summer ballet "camp." I felt like a teenager again looking with anxiety at all the other future ballerinas and remember wondering if I was going to match up. Being on the mother/teacher end of it is even worse, in my opinion. Any others who have experienced this? Any advice?

On the good side of this, it is exciting to see all the bright-eyed, unjaded young ladies as they are already so determined in life. I remember being there, in that state of mind. So much to look forward to. So much ahead. What an exciting time! Somehow I feel it was appropriate to be doing this on my 40th birthday. Milestones all around! I'm still young. I still have lots to look forward to. That's what I tell my clients in Pilates and I believe it for them. Why should I think any differently for myself?

School of American Ballet, 1989

Happy to Share! 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment