Joseph Pilates Quote of the Week:

Joseph Pilates Quote of the Week:

"The art of contrology proves that the only real guide to your true age lies not in years or how you THINK you feel but as you ACTUALLY are as infallibly indicated by the degree of natural and normal flexibility enjoyed by your spine throughout life." ~Return to Life Through Contrology

Friday, May 4, 2012

Booty Barre Certification Training

I'm currently in Maryland at a weekend-long training session for Tracey Mallett's Booty Barre method. So far, I can still walk, but it's a tough workout and I really prepared ahead of time to make sure I could get through this. Thankfully! If you haven't heard of all the barre methods out there that are quickly becoming mainstream in the fitness world, they stem from the old Lotte Berk method. It's described as a combination of Pilates, yoga, and dance, and it's a full-body workout, so don't let the name fool you. (No dance experience required.) This particular method, The Booty Barre, is the one I chose after researching oodles of them. It's a lot peppier than some of them. You get to groove to a good beat for the whole class. The movements and positioning are very specific and modifications are provided for many physical issues such as plantar fasciitis, knee pain and back pain. The exercises are taught and executed with integrity. The thing I really love about The Booty Barre is the cardio intervals. Each class has at least two cardio intervals and let me tell you, you feel it! Besides the barre work, the method also includes arm, ab, back extension and flexibility sections in every class. So watch for The Booty Barre coming soon to Evangelical Community Hospital's Fitness Center in Lewisburg, PA! Join me in some serious fun that will make you feel awesome and keep you coming back again and again!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica...I recently moved to Lewisburg and have been looking for a Pilates Instructor and barre classes (I have taken The Bar Method). What is the best way to contact you? Thanks, donnalfitch@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Lewisburg, Donna! You can email me at jessicabiornheid@hotmail.com. Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete