Joseph Pilates Quote of the Week:

Joseph Pilates Quote of the Week:

"The art of contrology proves that the only real guide to your true age lies not in years or how you THINK you feel but as you ACTUALLY are as infallibly indicated by the degree of natural and normal flexibility enjoyed by your spine throughout life." ~Return to Life Through Contrology

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Barre Addict

So my first barre class (yesterday) was a moderate success.  This week all I did was eat, sleep, and breathe with my Booty Barre manual just so I didn't completely draw a blank in front of a roomful of people.  The studio at Evangelical Community Hospital's Fitness Center was packed... I mean packed.  It just so happened to be all women, but I heard that some men at the gym just might be curious enough to try it.  We moved to the beat as everyone sweat buckets.  Most people loved it, or so they told me, yet some people may have tried to shoot me with eye-daggers.  I hope to have lots of returning Barre devotees!  I think the women who especially want something more cardio than Pilates thought this was a great combination of the principles of Pilates while really getting their heart rate up.  Once I get my video in and have it reviewed, I will officially be certified as a Booty Barre instructor, so keep an eye out for it at Evan's Fitness Center!  (210 JPM Rd., Lewisburg, 570.524.2600) These classes will be free with membership, which is a great deal if you investigate similar classes across the country!

1 comment:

  1. I can't delay to purchase my videos! I've always desired to understand dancing, but don't have plenty of time or cash to go to sessions, and I really like to workout! This looks perfect! Barre certification (3 ♥

    ReplyDelete